With over 15 years of experience in teaching kitesurfing, at EVL we have followed the technical progression of this sport since its beginnings. We constantly evolve in the teaching processes, offering students the most efficient and safer education in the modality.
Beginner, intermediate or advanced level? We are here to guide the practitioner’s evolution at any point in their progression.
The Sailing School works hard to gather the most important conditions to ensure safe and fast learning of kitesurfing:
- More than 15 years of experience in teaching Kiteboard;
- The school is based on the Óbidos Lagoon, an unrivalled place for learning to kitesurf;
- Experienced instructors trained by The Portuguese Sailing Federation and IKO;
- A fleet of rescue boats, in order to guarantee maximum safety;
- Use of the best equipment available in the industry;
- Use of helmets with intercoms, thus ensuring the best possible communication between the instructor and the student;
- Classes are held in ratios of 1:1 or possibly 1:2, allowing a direct focus on the student progression;
- Classes last for 2 hours, which by experience proves to be the adequate time for an effective evolution, without entering into an exhaustive regime;
- The Sailing School is also a physical structure that includes a restaurant to support practitioners, bathrooms and changing rooms, lounging area, equipment warehouse, repair shop and an official RRD store where you can find all kitesurfing’s, windsurfing, sup, surfing, wing, wetsuits and accessories.
How long do I need before I can Kitesurf on my own?
It is one of the most frequent and most difficult questions to answer. Each practitioner has their own learning rhythm, which must always be respected. Normally, between 8 and 12 hours of lessons, students should be able to practice on their own and take responsibility for their own evolution. Our main focus is to safely induce the evolution of students so that they can practice independently and as quickly as possible. You can benefit from price reductions by inducing multi-hour packages. We all want to get to the point of riding as quickly as possible, but in fact, we need to acquire a set of particular skills before we get to that stage. Before we can stand on the board, we need to be fully capable of:
- Prepare the equipment properly so we won’t have to depend on anyone else to get going;
- To analyse a spot and understand whether or not the conditions are suitable at any given moment;
- To control a kite almost perfectly! Because, to aspire to ride on the board, probably the most important skill is to control the kite as naturally as possible;
- To perform a proper body drag. Body-dragging allows you to get the board when you lose it on the water (happens all the time, even to experienced riders), but most importantly, it allows you to reach for the nearest shore independently if you ever need to do so;
- Know how to use the safety mechanisms of the equipment. Did you know that there are specific procedures, routines and pieces of equipment that should be activated in case things don’t go smoothly? It’s mandatory for someone to know how to apply these before they can be ready to kite on their own.
Whatever stage you’re at, we’ll guide you through your development!
Which formula suits me best?
Private lessons or Semi-private? Single lessons or a 12-hour package? Refreshers or complete beginners lessons? Everybody has different needs and there will be a learning formula that suits you depending on your level and learning preferences.
Private lessons ensure the fastest progression into the sport. Choosing to get an instructor for you only plus a kite for yourself the whole time will allow you to enhance your skills and get to the point of riding as quickly as possible.
Semi-private lessons are also a great formula. You’ll still get plenty of time with the kite, and in fact, swapping the kite between students every 10 minutes, gives you a little time to rest, to analyse from an outside perspective what is going on and to mature the knowledge you’re gaining step by step. It is also great fun to share your kitesurf journey with someone you care about. So why not dive into a semi-private course?
Single lessons are suitable for riders who are not sure whether or not kitesurfing is for them, or for people who ride already but want a smooth introduction to the spot or just want to build their confidence by having an instructor one more time.
Packages are for the serious ones. If you are looking to really progress and take kitesurf seriously then packages are the way to go. Not only do they mean you’ll get a lower price but they will also take you as far as possible since a series of lessons combined together in a specific time window represents a better chance to connect the dots together and have a cohesive and coherent learning process.With over 15 years of experience on teaching kitesurf, our sailing school as kept a close eye on all evolutions taking place since the beginning
2pax/2h - 140€
1pax/2h - 95€
- Certificated Instructor IKO and Federação Portuguesa de Vela
- Full equipement
- Life Jacket
- Changing room availability
1h - 30€
2h - 50€
1/2 dia - 70€
Dia - 100€
- Full equipement
- Life jacket
- When renting, material and user are under user’s responsibility.
A 300€ deposit will be required in all rentings
- Possible to rent just parts of equipment.
No posts found.